Thursday 29 December 2011

SPBM recommends: SHAMISEN and TOUCHFOOD

Only yesterday we were recommending the beautiful comics of Vera Brosgol and its thanks to her that we're recommending these comics today. Last night Vera tweeted about a new short online comic by one Jen Wang entitled "Shamisen" - I clicked the link and it completely blew me away. I checked out the other comics on her website and I was blown away again, especially by one called "Touchfood". 

Ms Wang was a completely new name to me - it seems she's primarily an illustrator but has had a few comics published in anthologies such as Flight and had a graphic novel Koko Be Good published by First Second Books in 2010. 


Read Shamisen HERE
Read Touchfood HERE

Buy Koko Be Good HERE

Follow her on Twitter HERE


***

If you have any comics to recommend, please email us or drop us a line on twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment